Looking for Cloudy

Looking for Cloudy

Sunday, January 4, 2015

June




June completed her Barnhunt Open title with a First Place and the fastest time in all qualifying dogs in the trial. 
June is now: UKC-UWP Woodacre's Soidog Mali AKC-CAX ABLSA-SR1 BH-RATO TT
In the Open level, the dog has to find two hidden and confined rats in under two minutes. 

Now June is running in the Senior level and has to find four rats in over 3 minutes. She did run in a Senior level today, Sunday, and she did find all the rats, but I was not quick enough in my indication and the timer went off before I could raise my hand and call "Rat!" Just a split second too slow. 
The trial was put on by ABBAdogs. This was my first trial with this group. They run a lot of agility trials, and recently started running Barnhunt trials. Can't wait for more!
What a super fun and addicting sport! Once the dog understands the game, there is no ongoing training. I do allow June to hunt for gophers when in areas where they exist, but she does remain super friendly to my cat, who she adores, and to my rabbit. She seems to know the difference, which they appreciate. 
Santa Rosa, CA
Here is June with her ribbons in front of the hay bales and her scoresheet. Great job, June!

No comments:

Post a Comment